André Soder, Geschäftsführer TargetPeople GmbH
"Wir finden die passenden Kandidaten"
Purchaser Europe - Office Supplies (m/w), Nordrhein Westfalen
This job is no longer available
Please click here to go to our current vacancies.
Our customer is in Europe the number 1 reseller in his branche of trade with 11.000 associates and active in both Contract Sales and Direct Sales in Europe. The International Division sells office products and services through direct mail catalogues, contract sales forces, internet sites and retail stores, using a mix of company owned operations, joint ventures, licensing and franchise agreements, alliances and other arrangements.
The purpose of the position is to ensure optimization of assortments and cost of goods synergies for a designated product category across Europe, delivering optimal growth and profitability. Working closely with the suppliers to optimize their cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items and estimates values according to knowledge of market price. May work with suppliers to develop new products.
- Determines and prepares vendors for method of procurement, such as direct purchase, bid, E-Auction, tender, etc.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority. Monitor the performance of product lines and suppliers, and, if necessary, terminate contracts.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers and prepare Master Purchase Order agreement and Rebates and Allowance schedules for signatures.
- Monitors market changes, competitor prices and products. Liaise with regions; provide market and price insight and works closely on vendor harmonization programs.
- Level of Formal Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.)
- Experience of buying goods and services and working within
- Experience of either B2B or B2C retail or distance selling
- Knowledge in the office products industry
- Ability to analyze statistics and spot trends
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiating skills
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
Ansprechpartner: Andre Soder